SF-MED Oil-free Scroll Compressor
Atlas Copco’s SF-MED range of oil-free compressors are especially designed to be a part of a Medical Air Plant. These ISO 8573-1 CLASS 0 certified compressors are easy to operate and maintain and have a minimal footprint to save space in your facility. SF compressors eliminate the risks of oil contamination while providing an efficient, reliable and highly cost-effective source of pure, oil-free air.
SF-MED Oil-free Scroll Compressor Customer benefits
- Certified 100% oil-free air – SF-MED compressors provide 100% pure, clean air that complies with ISO 8573-1 CLASS 0 (2010) certification. CLASS 0 means zero risk of contaminating hospital pipelines; zero risk for patients; zero risk of damaging expensive equipment (e.g., anesthesia machines); and zero risk of damaging your hospital’s hard-won professional reputation. In 2006, Atlas Copco was the first manufacturer in the world to receive such certification for an oil-free compressor.
- Energy efficiency – SF-MED scroll compressors are ideal for applications where flexibility and energy efficiency are crucial.
- Low maintenance – SF-MED scroll compressors stand for simplicity and reliability. The scroll design has a minimal number of moving parts, ensuring a long operating life with a minimum number of service interventions.
- Advanced control and monitoring – To maximize efficiency and reliability, the Elektronikon® MkV controls the main drive motor and regulates the system. In combination with the ES-Medical Central Controller, your Medical Air Plant is under full control and monitoring.
- Full compliance– The Medical Air Plant uAIR series based on SF-MED compressors is precertified according to MDD 93/42/EEC, which simplifies your installation and commissioning process. It is designed and manufactured according to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and the ISO 13485:2003 quality management system and surpasses the requirements of the most demanding standards and regulations such as:
– Medical Device Directive MDD 93/42/EEC
– European pharmacopoeia
– EN ISO 7396-1
– ISO 14971
– Health Technical Memorandums HTM 02-01 and HTM 2022.
- Capacity FAD (l/s, cfm): 4.4 – 62.9 cfm
- Max pressure: 145 psi
- Installed motor power: 3 – 29.5 HP
- Weight: 275 – 1500 lbs