Reciprocating Air-Cooled Air Compressors
The A-series reputation has been built on quality, reliability and accessibility to all components. Products include air-cooled bare compressors, boosters and vacuum pumps. A-Series compressors include heavy duty cast iron construction, counterbalanced crankshaft to ensure smooth operation, deep-finned cylinders and heads, which quickly dissipate the heat of compression. Superior lubrication is accomplished through a gear driven positive displacement oil pump powered by the crankshaft. A-series bares and boosters are ideal for petroleum refineries, oil rigs, plant air and vacuum, ore mines, engine starting and well head servicing.
Specifications and Features
- 15-40 hp (compressor or booster)
- Up to 350 psig operating pressure
- Single & Two Stage
- Pressure Lubricated
- Heavy-duty cast iron construction
- Factory filled with ChampLub 500
Champion A-Series Design Advantages
- ASME pressure relief valve protects the intercooler and first stage from over pressure.
- Suction unloading valves provide loadless starting and stopping as well as quick response to capacity demands.
- Removable hand-hole plate allows easy access to the internal running gear.
- Tri-Metal insert bearings are two-piece for quick and easy replacement.
- Counterbalanced crankshaft assures smooth operation.
- Reliable disc valves provide low lift and long life.
- Replaceable piston pin bearings are very economical when replacement becomes necessary.
- Interstage intercooler provides maximum cooling for the most efficient operation and low power consumption (AVLAVCAA only).
- Deep-finned cylinders and heads quickly dissipate the heat of compression.
- Crankshaft ends are supported by large tapered roller bearings for smooth operation and long life.
- Oil pressure gauge assures the operator of lubrication system integrity.
- The cylinders and crankcases are built of industrial strength cast iron materials.
Superior lubrication is accomplished through a gear driven oil pump powered by the crankshaft. The pressurized system ensures complete lubrication to the crankshaft, connecting rods, bearings and piston pins. Full flow, spin-on oil filter ensures impurities are removed before the lubricant contacts any internal components. Oil pressure gauge is conveniently mounted to display the oil pressure.
Concentric ring design incorporates both the inlet and outlet valves in one assembly. Designed to give 100% exposure to the air flow for maximum efficiency (i.e. more CFM per HP). Discs and springs are made of AISI 420 stainless steel to give dependable corrosion-free and fatigue-free service life.